- Updates and Request for Action from YMCA Twin Cities Members · 2014-07-17
Updates and Request for Action from YMCA Twin Cities Members
- 2014 Legislative Session Wrap Up - in ASL · 2014-06-30
ASL vlogs now included for this information!
- 2014 Legislative Session Wrap Up · 2014-06-06
Thanks to all who advocated this year for the bills set by the community and commission members. Your participation made a difference. We have one last request of you- to say thanks and to celebrate our success at the Saints game. Please join us in saying thank to our 2014 chief authors who fought long and hard on our behalf to help us get our bills passed.
- Great News! · 2014-05-14
Great News! Minnesota State Academies have been granted their full request.
- Alert: Please Support the Senate’s Position in HF3172 · 2014-04-30
Please support the senate’s position in HF3172 and add deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to the disability groups that are required to receive grants for supported employment. These vital services keep D/DB/HH employed and provide businesses with the qualified workers they need.
- Scam Warning from DHHSD · 2014-04-24
Information about an email scam targeting people who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Alert: Contact Members of the Omnibus Finance Committee · 2014-04-22
Alert: Contact Members of the Omnibus Finance Committee. Please support the Senate's Position in HF3172 - require the state to add people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to the disability groups that obtain supported employment through statewide grants programs provided through MS268A.
- 2 ALERTS: Support the State Academies and Olmstead Hearing on Monday · 2014-04-18
2 ALERTS: Support the State Academies and Olmstead Hearing on Monday
Suggested Subject Line: Support the State Academies in the bonding bill: SF2046
Suggested message: Please support the Minnesota State Academies request: $2 Million for asset preservation and $8.6 Million for a new boys dorm in bill S.F. 2046
- 3rd Annual Collaborative Outcomes Plan for Children and Youths who are Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing Retreat · 2014-04-14
Last week the Commission hosted the third annual Collaborative Outcomes Plan for Children and Youths who are Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Retreat. Our theme this year was “From Data to Action , A Community Approach to Improving Outcomes.
- Session Update Week of March 31: MSAD, Employment, Schools, Grants · 2014-04-07
Your advocacy continues to make a difference! On Tuesday, two representatives from the Faribault Deaf Club met with legislators and convinced them to keep Deaf-friendly options for marriage ceremonies. Read about this and other progress updates.