- TV Captioning: Good for Business · 2015-08-31
- Discussion and Book Signing by former New York Times Editor Katherine Bouton · 2015-08-06
Author Katherine Bouton is coming to Minnesota! There will be a discussion about the impact of hearing loss on her life, including the loss of her job at the New York Times- and signing books on August 24th at 7pm at Chears Audiology in St. Louis Park.
- Free Trainings from Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Metro · 2015-08-06
Monthly trainings September 2015 - June 2016. See the calendar for details:
- This August marks the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 · 2015-08-05
Come and join this special event to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act with Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon and community leaders on Thursday, August 6th, 2015 at the Harrison Neighborhood Association from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- 2015 Collaborative Experience Keynote Videos and Attendance Stats · 2015-05-14
The 2015 Collaborative Experience was a big success! If you couldn't make it, check out the keynote presentation videos.
- Text to 9-1-1 Project Summary · 2015-03-16
Read this news article to find out about the exciting Emergency Communication Networks (ECN) Division of Department of Public Safety Text to 9-1-1 Project!
- Amazing Turnout for Meet with Your Legislator Day 2015! · 2015-03-10
We had an amazing turnout for Meet with Your Legislator Day 2015! It was very moving to see over 125 Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing Minnesotan community members, parents, professionals, and supporters filling meeting with their Legislators on March 4th. A huge thank-you goes out to everyone who participated on Meet with Your Legislator Day. This day would not have been possible without YOU!
- Communication Plans and IEPs · 2014-12-15
The Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans (MNCDHH) would like to share what we have been doing with the community on education, more specifically, communication plans and IEPs to make sure that the communication needs of children are met.
- Age Related Hearing Loss · 2014-12-15
The Commission launched its first Age Related Hearing Loss and Healthy Aging Task Force. Studies show a strong association between hearing loss, cognitive decline, health care utilization, hospitalization, and falling among seniors. Yet there is no systematic approach to addressing this public health issue. The Task Force will meet every month through May to create an action plan and framework the state can use to support healthy aging for seniors with hearing loss in Minnesota and serve as a model for the rest of the country.
- Deaf Mentor Update · 2014-12-15
The Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans (MNCDHH) would like to share what we have been doing with the community with the Deaf Mentor program.