The Commission for Deaf/DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans has recently launched the Educational Advancements and Partnerships mission. The purpose of the Education mission is to improve educational outcomes so that each student upon graduation is prepared to enter the adult workforce or continue his/her education and be a productive member of each one’s community. The following tenants guide all goals, objectives and outcomes for the stakeholders:
- Language and communication access is paramount
- Literacy is the foundation of academic achievement
- Communication competence is essential
- Learners and their families have diverse and unique learning needs
- Parents are critical partners to the success of children and youth
- Children and youth have appropriate placements and program that address their unique needs
- A variety of technologies are available and used to support communication and student learning
- Accountability for this plan is shared by all MN agencies who provide support to children and youth who are deaf and hard of hearing and their families.
Go to The Collaborative Plan for more information about the work of the stakeholders for this state wide plan.