- MNCDHH attended the Minnesota Economic Summit · 2014-01-24
Attending the day summit, one informative workshop was the panel on "Building the Workforce for the Future". Networking and talking with people about the importance of including Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing people in the future planning of Education and Employment.
- Minnesota's chief historian of the Deaf Community, Doug Bahl, passed away · 2014-01-22
Minnesota's chief historian of the Deaf community, Doug Bahl, passed away on January 21, 2014.
- Hot off the Press: Exciting News for our Community · 2014-01-16
Hot off the Press: Exciting News for our Community
Governor Dayton’s Council on Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Celebration will Award one of our community members with recognition this year!
Come show your community support and find out who
Date: January 20th, 2014
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Celebration · 2014-01-10
MNCDHH is a proud sponsor of the Governor Dayton's Council on the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. " Lifting Every Voice, Dreaming as we strive"
Date: January 20th, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Press Release: Governor Mark Dayton appointed Jessalyn Akerman-Frank · 2014-01-10
STATE of MINNESOTA
Office of Governor Mark Dayton
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 8, 2014
Notice of Appointments by Governor Dayton
- Happy New Year! · 2013-12-31
Happy New Year!
A toast to you all! You are the Commission. We look forward to another year of working with you for systems change to end discrimination and create a communication rich accessible world.
- TEN great things to be Thankful for in the Year of 2013! · 2013-12-27
Because of your engagement and advocacy and the support of legislators, this year we have much to be thankful for.
1) Successfully organized biggest D/DB/HH Lobby Day to date- 600 people attended, 180 appointments with legislators, provided 2 trainings at the capitol and 14 trainings in schools and the community, 2http://www.mncdhh.org/legislative-day/ For the first time in our history, the Governor was the keynote speaker.
- Michelle Ooley promoted to Office and Operations Manager · 2013-12-19
Michelle Ooley has been promoted to Executive 2 and her new title is Office and Operations Manager. She will take on greater responsibility with the MNCDHH Budget, event planning and coordination, communications and process improvement. She has done a great job while at the Commission- and we needed to recognize the added level of responsibility that she has assumed and the great customer service she provides stated Mary Hartnett, Executive Director of the Commission.
- Job Posting Alert: Coordinator of Educational Advancement and Partnerships · 2013-12-16
Coordinator of Educational Advancement and Partnerships
MN Department of Human Services
$53,975 - $80,075 annually
St. Paul, MN
This position is located in the Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing for Minnesotans. This position exists to advance the education collaborative for children who are deaf and hard of hearing. The incumbent will provide leadership and advocacy for a statewide education plan for students who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing by engaging diverse cross agency, cross-sector stakeholders, including parents and disability advocates, teachers, schools and administrators to improve outcomes.
- Serve on the State Rehabilitation Council · 2013-12-12
The State Rehabilitation Council is seeking employment advocates and current or former Vocational Rehabilitation participants to apply for the State Rehabilitation Council. It is good to have deaf and hard of hearing representation on the council because about 4 percent of the people on VR’s caseload are people who are deaf or hard of hearing. For more information about the council, go to http://mn.gov/deed/job-seekers/disabilities/councils/rehab-council.jsp