- Great News! · 2014-05-14
Great News! Minnesota State Academies have been granted their full request.
- Alert: Please Support the Senate’s Position in HF3172 · 2014-04-30
Please support the senate’s position in HF3172 and add deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to the disability groups that are required to receive grants for supported employment. These vital services keep D/DB/HH employed and provide businesses with the qualified workers they need.
- Scam Warning from DHHSD · 2014-04-24
Information about an email scam targeting people who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Alert: Contact Members of the Omnibus Finance Committee · 2014-04-22
Alert: Contact Members of the Omnibus Finance Committee. Please support the Senate's Position in HF3172 - require the state to add people who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing to the disability groups that obtain supported employment through statewide grants programs provided through MS268A.
- 2 ALERTS: Support the State Academies and Olmstead Hearing on Monday · 2014-04-18
2 ALERTS: Support the State Academies and Olmstead Hearing on Monday
Suggested Subject Line: Support the State Academies in the bonding bill: SF2046
Suggested message: Please support the Minnesota State Academies request: $2 Million for asset preservation and $8.6 Million for a new boys dorm in bill S.F. 2046
- 3rd Annual Collaborative Outcomes Plan for Children and Youths who are Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing Retreat · 2014-04-14
Last week the Commission hosted the third annual Collaborative Outcomes Plan for Children and Youths who are Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Retreat. Our theme this year was “From Data to Action , A Community Approach to Improving Outcomes.
- Session Update Week of March 31: MSAD, Employment, Schools, Grants · 2014-04-07
Your advocacy continues to make a difference! On Tuesday, two representatives from the Faribault Deaf Club met with legislators and convinced them to keep Deaf-friendly options for marriage ceremonies. Read about this and other progress updates.
- Session Update Week of March 24-28 · 2014-03-28
1. The Centralized Accommodations Fund study HF2785 passed out of the Government Operations and Veterans Finance Committee. Thanks to Chair Representative Mary Murphy for negotiating a deal with Minnesota Management and Budget that eliminates the cost of the study so it could pass. It is very unusual for a Committee Chair to be this committed to a bill and negotiate an agreement for us. During the hearing committee members mentioned how many calls and emails they got from you all! Your advocacy made a difference. We are now working on getting it passed out of the Senate. Representative Zach Dorholt (a VRS counselor) and Senator Eaton have both been great champs for our bill.
- Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans 2014 Policy Agenda · 2014-02-28
Commission members voted to support the following initiatives for their 2014 legislative agenda based on the input they received from the community. We will also monitor proposals that could impact children and adults who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing throughout the session. We will be tracking and informing you when hearings are held.
- Survey Results - Minnesota Vikings Stadium Accessibility · 2014-02-25
Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey for the new Minnesota Vikings Stadium. 78 people responded to the survey and the results are now being brought to the Vikings Stadium Access Committee for discussion.