- Press Release: Governor Mark Dayton appointed Jessalyn Akerman-Frank · 2014-01-10
STATE of MINNESOTA
Office of Governor Mark Dayton
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 8, 2014
Notice of Appointments by Governor Dayton
- Happy New Year! · 2013-12-31
Happy New Year!
A toast to you all! You are the Commission. We look forward to another year of working with you for systems change to end discrimination and create a communication rich accessible world.
- TEN great things to be Thankful for in the Year of 2013! · 2013-12-27
Because of your engagement and advocacy and the support of legislators, this year we have much to be thankful for.
1) Successfully organized biggest D/DB/HH Lobby Day to date- 600 people attended, 180 appointments with legislators, provided 2 trainings at the capitol and 14 trainings in schools and the community, 2http://www.mncdhh.org/legislative-day/ For the first time in our history, the Governor was the keynote speaker.
- Michelle Ooley promoted to Office and Operations Manager · 2013-12-19
Michelle Ooley has been promoted to Executive 2 and her new title is Office and Operations Manager. She will take on greater responsibility with the MNCDHH Budget, event planning and coordination, communications and process improvement. She has done a great job while at the Commission- and we needed to recognize the added level of responsibility that she has assumed and the great customer service she provides stated Mary Hartnett, Executive Director of the Commission.
- Job Posting Alert: Coordinator of Educational Advancement and Partnerships · 2013-12-16
Coordinator of Educational Advancement and Partnerships
MN Department of Human Services
$53,975 - $80,075 annually
St. Paul, MN
This position is located in the Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing for Minnesotans. This position exists to advance the education collaborative for children who are deaf and hard of hearing. The incumbent will provide leadership and advocacy for a statewide education plan for students who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing by engaging diverse cross agency, cross-sector stakeholders, including parents and disability advocates, teachers, schools and administrators to improve outcomes.
- Serve on the State Rehabilitation Council · 2013-12-12
The State Rehabilitation Council is seeking employment advocates and current or former Vocational Rehabilitation participants to apply for the State Rehabilitation Council. It is good to have deaf and hard of hearing representation on the council because about 4 percent of the people on VR’s caseload are people who are deaf or hard of hearing. For more information about the council, go to http://mn.gov/deed/job-seekers/disabilities/councils/rehab-council.jsp
- Director of Public Policy-Who is she? · 2013-12-12
Director of Public Policy and Projects- Who is she?
It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you. My name is Jessalyn Akerman-Frank. I come from a strong background in Human Services. I just left my position as the Director of Communication Services for the Deaf, Inc. of more than eight years. In this position I was able to develop many skills that would contribute to my job today. I managed over 7 different programs, the staff within those programs, budgets, contracts and grants.
- Five Year Strategic Planning Board Retreat a Success! · 2013-12-12
What happened at the Commission Board Retreat?
The weekend of November 15th, 2013, Governor appointed board members gathered at the Minnesota Humanities Center to develop goals for the Commission to work on for the next five years. Board members represent diverse backgrounds, geographic areas and professions that bring expertise and experiences to the table; over 50% must be deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing. One of the most difficult tasks of this group is to identify and prioritize important issues that need to be addressed within the community.
- Special Invite: Meet Michael Murray, Diversity Program Manager in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion · 2013-12-12
Michael Murray will be coming to town to present at the Diversity Inclusion Summit. He is the principal advisor to the U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Government-wide disability policies and programs for the Obama Administration. He is a former Director of Programs of the American Association of People with Disabilities. We will be asking him to talk about the success of the Federal Government increasing the number of people with disabilities in the Federal workforce and how we can make it happen here in MN.
Please join us, show your support and meet Michael! This is an important time to share your concerns, engage in important dialogue and learn more about Obama's Executive Order.
- League of Women Voters Duluth: Election 2013 Candidate Forum · 2013-10-25
League of Women Voters Duluth. Election 2013 Candidate Forum. Meet the candidates and learn about issues that affect you.