- Session Update Week of March 24-28 · 2014-03-28
1. The Centralized Accommodations Fund study HF2785 passed out of the Government Operations and Veterans Finance Committee. Thanks to Chair Representative Mary Murphy for negotiating a deal with Minnesota Management and Budget that eliminates the cost of the study so it could pass. It is very unusual for a Committee Chair to be this committed to a bill and negotiate an agreement for us. During the hearing committee members mentioned how many calls and emails they got from you all! Your advocacy made a difference. We are now working on getting it passed out of the Senate. Representative Zach Dorholt (a VRS counselor) and Senator Eaton have both been great champs for our bill.
- Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Minnesotans 2014 Policy Agenda · 2014-02-28
Commission members voted to support the following initiatives for their 2014 legislative agenda based on the input they received from the community. We will also monitor proposals that could impact children and adults who are deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing throughout the session. We will be tracking and informing you when hearings are held.
- Survey Results - Minnesota Vikings Stadium Accessibility · 2014-02-25
Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill out the survey for the new Minnesota Vikings Stadium. 78 people responded to the survey and the results are now being brought to the Vikings Stadium Access Committee for discussion.
- New Minnesota Vikings Stadium - Your Input Needed by February 23, 2014 · 2014-02-20
Now is the time to tell the Vikings Stadium Access Committee what you need to have a fun, fully accessible event experience!
- Go to your Precinct Caucus on February 4th at 7:00 p.m. · 2014-01-30
Go to your Precinct Caucus on February 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Republicans, Green, Democrats, Independence other parties? - They meet separately to pick the people who will run for office.
- Critical Conversations: Can't You See What I'm Saying? · 2014-01-29
Critical Conversations: Can't You See What I'm Saying?
Important Issues in the Deaf Community
Friday, January 31, 2014 from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Free and open to the public
- MNCDHH attended the Minnesota Economic Summit · 2014-01-24
Attending the day summit, one informative workshop was the panel on "Building the Workforce for the Future". Networking and talking with people about the importance of including Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing people in the future planning of Education and Employment.
- Minnesota's chief historian of the Deaf Community, Doug Bahl, passed away · 2014-01-22
Minnesota's chief historian of the Deaf community, Doug Bahl, passed away on January 21, 2014.
- Hot off the Press: Exciting News for our Community · 2014-01-16
Hot off the Press: Exciting News for our Community
Governor Dayton’s Council on Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Celebration will Award one of our community members with recognition this year!
Come show your community support and find out who
Date: January 20th, 2014
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Celebration · 2014-01-10
MNCDHH is a proud sponsor of the Governor Dayton's Council on the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. " Lifting Every Voice, Dreaming as we strive"
Date: January 20th, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.